Workflow not launching from Sharepoint

• 17 November 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I have a very simple workflow that I created that is supposed to execute when a new list item is created (developed using the SharePoint Events Process wizard).  The only action performed is sending a test email to myself.  The workflow seemed to deploy correctly and is active within the SharePoint site.  Also when the map is executed from the K2 Workspace the email is sent correctly.   

However the problem is when I create the new list item within Sharepoint, nothing appears to be happening.  No instance is created within the K2 workspace, and no errors seem to be generated in the K2 log.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Badge +9

I am sure you have already checked this, but it has got me on numerous occasions when I have overlooked it - make sure that the user who is creating the list item has the appropriate permissions to start the workflow.

Badge +5

Also when I try to launch the workflow manually from within Sharepoint it states "SharePoint system user is not allowed access to this form. Please log in as another user.".  This is the user that is the group administrator, as well as the user that is executing the process within the K2 Workspace (where it works).

Badge +5

Have the errors now limited to "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized".  From searching through the forums this appears to be a Kerberos issue.   Does this seem to be correct? 

Badge +10

Does the K2 Worklist webpart work on the site?  Do the K2 worklist web part actually show tasks or is it blank when tasks show up in the K2 Workspace. If not then you're right Kerberos is probably an issue.  

One other non-Kerberos setting to check is does the SharePoint app pool account have impersonate rights at the K2 Server level?

Badge +9

To trigger a process when a sharepoint list item is created, u need to add sharepoint workflow intrgration process wizard from toolbox to the kprx file. in that u have to provide the list which u want to use and provide the option "start process when a new or edit a list item" check box. Let me know if u have any issues