Lookup a Person field in a different list querying by a taxonomy field type

• 29 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I'm trying to use Nintex WF to send an email, however, it is going to get the person it needs to send it to from another SharePoint list, and query based on a taxonomy value. 

To describe it better:

MAIN LIST (List the WF runs on)

• Customer (Taxonomy)
  • Field 1 (Text)

LOOKUP LIST

• Customer (Taxonomy)
  • Manager (Person/Group)

When I use the below test workflow, I use the set workflow variable to get the 'Manager' from the 'Lookup List' and send an email from the 'Main List'. 

When it runs, it stops saying bad request to HTTP. Pasting the REST API URL in my browser, I get the error:

The field 'Customer' of type 'TaxonomyFieldType' cannot be used in the query filter expression.

Looks like it cannot query against a taxonomy field. 

How can I get around this?

Thanks in advance!

1 reply

Badge +17

@ross_murrell this seems a little convoluted. If you are storing the values in an SP list, then one way could be to use the query list action to retrieve the value from the list as a direct value and input that into the text field via a variable assignement as an output of the query list action. That way you are not dealing with potential linkages from the taxonomy.

Ideally though, what you did should work if you are connecting to the correct value from within the workflow action configuration. Its slightly hard to tell without seeing how you derived at the value for the send to.