Lookup Control and single line of text

• 5 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi all,

We have a requirement where HR admins will be filling the HR dashboard form for 1st and 2nd half for specific year. HR admins will choose regions, subsidiary within region  as shown below:

HR admin showed by enter these details into this main form.

Technical Challenge

We are planning to split into each list for e.g. Employee List, Salary List  and Productivity List so that there are no performance issues like Form slowed load when HR admins adding more data into this form.  

We also have to add other lists form Training list, gender List etc.

We are designing these lists Employee lists & Salary list and created a main form which have all the lists as lookup lists (Employee List, Salary List and Productivity List etc. )
We thought we can pull this information into this main from and configured Employee list look up as shown.

We want to users to add the single line of text as shown in above screenshot. But Lookup controls shows only 2 options i.e. Drop Down list or Options Buttons.

We looked into this blog  https://community.nintex.com/thread/13060-how-to-update-a-multiline-text-column-with-form-lookup-filed-values but does not meet that we are looking for.

How could we achieve this so that users enter these details and information is stored into different lists?

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.   

4 replies

Badge +7

I think you have no choice but creating a workflow for this : the submit button will save some data in the current list, then the workflow will save your specific data il the second list. (you'll have to deal with unique ID to keep the link vbetween the two items I think...) 

Badge +9

Thanks a ton ‌ for your reply ...

• How users can fill the Form as we are not even able to provide single line of text using lookup control
  • How could we manage different lists into one Nintex form? 

Any advice on this? 

Badge +7

If I understand well :

- you want user to write Employee number....

- ... then Salary Data will go in another list (keeping employee number) , Productivity data will go in a third one (keeping employee number),.... ?

If so, a workflow could copy data to each list...BUT in Nintex O365, data have to be saved in main list BEFORE the workflow move them. Then you can delete them from first list.

Lookup is used to retrieve data from another list and select them, but is not for typing datas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sandy S‌ have you resolved your issue? Is any from the above answers correct thus you can mark it as "Correct"?

Regards,

Tomasz