Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance

• 9 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a workflow that will generate and populate the columns correctly in my Sharepoint list. However, for some of these workflows, when I look at the internal status it is "suspended", status will state "Assigned to X" , not "completed", and tasks will not be sent out. What is odd is that this will only happen for some workflows, and not for others, especially since the workflows are of the same nature. There appears to be no rhyme nor reason as to which workflows end up "suspended" and which end up as "completed".

I get the following error code:

RequestorId: 696140d2-86b2-0b0c-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance of 'Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicJsonPrimitive'. at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicItem.TryGetValue(String key, DynamicItem& value) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<DynamicValue> Sequence If DynamicActivity<String> BuildCollection<String> DynamicActivity<Collection<String>> NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_8e03d64c_49b1_4845_a435_94f748f07d04

I know that the error occurs after the 3rd task in my workflow(there error code shows the steps that take place right up to the error), and I am not using any query list or office 365 query actions. I am using the following actions, subsequent to the 3rd task in my workflow:

1. Add time to date action

2. Set workflow variable action

3. Build string action

4. Set Field in Current Item action.

5. Send an email

I am very perplexed by this and any help would be appreciated. 

PS. Occassionally, my tasks will be unconfigured for whatever unknown reason, although I know that no one has touched the workflow for weeks. Not sure if this could be related to that. 

5 replies

Badge +17

This seems to be an O365 Engine issue because its working and then sometimes not working. Do you have the ability to raise a ticket with the Microsoft team? 

Badge +1

I do not. But have raised a ticket with my IT team and will circle back here with news of what they tell me. 

Badge +1

Update: I do use the "Assign a Task" action as well. My bad in forgetting to mention that in my original post. 

However, I've realized that "Assgning a Task" does have a Task ID. Perhaps there is something wrong with this Task ID? Any ideas on how to fix this? The Task ID I have in the "Assign a Task" action is an integer. 

Badge +17

Can you provide a screenshot of this? Would help to just get an idea of whats going on. 

Badge +5

I seem to be having the same problem every time with a flexi task. I am trying to assign the task to a person property on the library. THe person is me. I am a nintex and sharepoint admin.

The error I get is

Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance of 'Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicJsonPrimitive'. at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicItem.TryGetValue(String key, DynamicItem& value) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<DynamicValue> Sequence If DynamicActivity<String> FormatString NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_34ba3517_fe61_4962_98b8_fcddb8d6bdd3 Assign Flexi task Sequence Run if Sequence Flowchart Approve Invoice.WorkflowXaml_9a3f7bb2_8cda_453a_b05d_996a1f29d610