List Lookup on form works until underlying list refreshed and then json error on submit.

• 23 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a list populated using Nintex O365 workflow that accesses data from an oData Web Service exposed from our enterprise.

This works fine and populates a list with 2 fields ContainerNo and ID as below. This workflow deletes all items in this list and repopulates each time the workflow is run.

178348_pastedImage_0.png

I have created a Nintex O365 form that is exposed for Nintex  Mobile, iPhone and iPad and uses a "PreLoad Container Inspection List" as its source.

As part of this form I have a list lookup that looks up the ContainierNo's from the PortPackContainers and inserts the ContainerNo from the PortPackContainers list into the PPContainer item on the PrelLoad Container Inspection List on submit.

178349_pastedImage_1.png

When first creating this Form I had an issue where I get the below error on Submit

178350_pastedImage_2.png

After 2 days of frustration I deleted the Container field from the "PreLoad Container Inspection List" and created a new field called something similar ContainerNum

This fixed the error and the container number updated no problem. Unfortunately my excitement has been short lived and it appears as though (and this may be a red herring) that when the PortPackContainers list is refreshed from the Web Service the inspection form again breaks with the above error. The only way I can stop the error is by replacing the field with a new field - current iteration 'PPContainer' (obviously not a flyer)

Screen shots of List Lookup settings below . Note Nintex form is set for manual refresh.

The issue happens in both Nintex mobile and iPhone modes of form.

178354_pastedImage_6.png

178351_pastedImage_3.png

178352_pastedImage_4.png

178353_pastedImage_5.png

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi there,

Just to confirm you aren't deleting and recreating the the entire list each time, just the items in it - correct?   I'm pretty sure you'll say just the items but doesn't hurt to ask.

Secondly:  when you delete items that are utilized via a list lookup, you are going to break the link formed between the "id" which is unique to an item.   So even if you create another item with the same Container No the ID will be different as it is auto assigned and always unique for a given list. 

What you may want to do is instead of deleting all items, is find a way to update existing ones, remove un-needed ones, and add new ones instead.   I know this is more work than just flush and recreate, but your linkage will be maintained.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi Mike -

After a lot more testing I found I was up the garden path - the issue is now correctly defined as below

I have 4 Layouts – Desktop, iPad, Nintex Mobile Phone and Nintex Mobile Tablet.

I was putting the lookup on the 3 mobile Layouts and then putting a single line text box on the Desktop layout as I want the admins to be able to lookup a container in the list and edit any values but the container number. (ie I don’t want them using the Nintex SharePoint List Lookup control to change the Container number.)

All works fine until I add the single line text box and configure it to the underlying list Container_Insp (As opposed to the lookup list ContainerNo)  As soon as I publish the forms in this state I start getting the Odata json ID error.

I then configured the Windows form to use a  Nintex SharePoint List Lookup control the same as the other layouts and this allowed every form to work OK

In fact if I replace the Lookup with a text box on any of layouts the error occurs on the others.

The previous issues with the changing lookup list and the need to change the field on the list were all red herrings due to timing of the list refresh and the tests I was doing.

My question is  -how do I add a control to the desktop layout that is connected to its underlying lists Container_Insp field that is read only but allows edits on the other fields while the other Layouts/form factors allow new rows/items without the above error.

Cheers Steve

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Steve,

Would it be possible to post a few screens as well as how you have the controls configured?  This will help me or someone else give you the best possible solution.

Thanks!

Badge +1

When All Layouts are setup with the Container_Insp field using a list Lookup  like this all works fine

When I set any of the Layouts to change the List Lookup to a single line text box then any of the other Form Factor layouts data entry fails

Entering in here Nintex Mobile Form dropdown

Gives this error and Fails to submit

because of Single Line text in Desktop Form as below (Even though it is not open, and there is no concurrency issue it is just me testing these one at a time)

Steve