List Item in Task Form not writing back to list when updated

• 27 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

All.
I need some help here please. I know it is possible in a Flexi-task task form to place items from the list that are editable. For example, if my list column "Number" is set to "1", I can update it in the task form to "2" and that "2" will write back to the number column. For some reason I cannot seen to make this happen with a list I am working on. I've done it in a separate list with a workflow that just has a task in it to verify it still works. It does.
I even created a brand-new workflow with just a flexi-task in it. Even this doesn't work so it appears to be a problem at the list level. Not an issue with the task or form. Is there a way to turn off the ability for a Flexi-task update to write back to the list? Has anyone had this issue before?

4 replies

Badge +17

@cbeene I've run into this before. I would suggest when you edit the task form for (flexi-task), be sure to look at the connected controls. You should be able to leverage the originating list controls on this form, but may take some updating to achieve this. 

Badge +6

@eharris04  - not sure what you mean by "be sure to look at the connected controls. You should be able to leverage the originating list controls on this form, but may take some updating to achieve this. "

I deleted the control that was put in place when the form was built and replaced it with the one listed under form controls.  

Badge +6

So, I am still having an issue with this. Further testing:
1) I created a new WF connected to this list and that yielded the same results. I put information in the task form, and it does NOT flow to the list.
2) I created a new list in this same site and a WF to test. With this list and WF I can input data into the task form, and it DOES show up in the list.
Conclusion - my issue is at the list level, not the WF or Site. For the life of me however I cannot figure out what. Any further help would be great.

Badge +17

Sent you a DM...