Solved

Lazy Approval assigning wrong outcome.

• 6 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I have a workflow that makes use of the "Assign as Task Process" action and I've enabled Lazy Approval. The issue is that for some users, they reply to the task email with the word "Approved" (on a line at the top by itself, as instructed), but the workflow resolves it as "Rejected" and follows down that branch of the task. 

Hopefully someone else has experienced this and can explain how to prevent it.

I've attached some screenshots of the configuration below, along with a redacted screenshot of the email where the user replied with the word "Approved" and the final outcome of the actual task in SharePoint.

icon

Best answer by wholland 20 February 2017, 20:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'd suggest you to open a support ticket because this behavior is incorrect but what you posted looks absolutely correct (i mean the configuration of the workflow).

One question - have you maybe migrate the task list with Sharegate?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestion and the confirmation of my configuration.

To your question, we've done no migrations here. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ have you resolved the issue? If so, can you share your solution?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Tomasz, 

I ended up having a call with Nintex Support.

The short version was that they had never heard of anything like this and, from their side, couldn't tell that anything had gone wrong. 

At least for me, the issues occurred in a window between 1/20/2017 to and 1/29/2017. Since I haven't seen the issue since, and we can't reproduce it, I'm writing it off as a 'freak accident' and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. 

If that changes, I'll be sure to update this post. 

Thanks,

Will

Badge +4

BTW, if you experienced these issues, I would recommend that you also submit a ticket with Nintex. Feel free to reference this post.