Keep disabled values in List Lookup in Edit mode

• 4 October 2018
  • 3 replies

We have Nintex Forms for O365, and we use a List Lookup against a Sharepoint list for our Offices.  The Office list is fairly dynamic, with offices opening and closing often.  The Office list has an Active column, with the values Y or N.  Here's how we'd like the form to work:

1. For new forms, the list should only show Active = Y offices for the user to choose (can do this with a View in Sharepoint or the Filter in the form).

2. For previously entered forms, an Office has already been entered.  User opens the form in Edit mode.  If the Office is Inactive, leave the value in place unless the user clicks on it to modify.  Then only show Active offices.

3. Allow the user to save the form with the inactive Office if it is untouched during the Edit process.

I found this nice blog post on displaying inactive values - Inactivating Items in a List Lookup Dropdown, but the form appears to work fine if the user just Views (keeps the inactive value).  My challenge is, if a manager Edits the form later to add a review but the Office is Inactive, the List Lookup shows 'Please choose...' instead of the previously entered value.  We don't want to lose the history.

Is there functionality to do this, or is this something that needs javascript to handle?  Thanks for any help you can give.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi  Katty,

It think you can  try to add rules :
- Select your controls that will be Disable or Enable
- click "Add rule"
- Set the condition for your base control
- Check Disable

Hope this can help you

Regards,
Reva Eka Patria

I also having this problem earlier, but i managed to fixed this by some tweak.

In my case, the column I use is status = available / not available.

1. Add a Calculated value in your form

2. Enter this formula to the calculated value: If(Is New Mode,"Available",""). Set recalculate formula on view / new / edit mode to YES.

3. Go to your list lookup and update your filtering by control's value with the calculated value we created just now. Change action when no filter applied to show all values.

In results, when a new form is created, it will filter the list lookup to available items only. And in view / edit mode, the value you selected wont disappear.

Badge +3
This is a good solution for this scenario, thanks.