Item does not exist error with start workflow action

• 10 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

I am using Site workflow and trying to start a list workflow on an item if the "Next review date" is equal to today. I was able to query the list items and got the collection of item ids. So now i used for loop and used "start workflow" action to run the list workflow on the item id's. I tried with GUID as well.

But i am getting the error "Item does not exit. It may be deleted by another user". Does anyone faced this issue. Please let me know if there is any resolution.

212044_pastedImage_2.png

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi!

Hmm, your process looks pretty straightforward. Could you provide a screenshot of your workflow and specifically of your start workflow action?

Best regards

Enrico

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the below screen shots.

Workflow process

Start workflow action : variable txtID is the ID column value i am getting from query list.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hm, it make sense this way.

What happens if you give the action a static ID from which you know it exists and provide an administrative credential for workflow start? Does it start as expected?

One thing I can think of that the workflow is running for a user that doesn't have permission to see the list item. Do you work with custom permissions on the list items for which workflows need to be started?

Best regards

Enrico

After making changes to List workflow "start manually" enalbed, the issue is resolved. Thanks !!