It only works some of the time

• 7 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a list and it has 3 sections to it, "New Hire" ,"Break Fix" and "Returns" . I use the "Title" field as the "Computer Serial Number". You first pick if it's a New hire, Break fix, or Return. At start they all are hidden so you only see one type at a time. So the odd thing is:

New Hire> Computer Serial Number> 12345 - No data stored

Break Fix> Computer Serial Number> 12345 - No data stored

Return>Computer Serial Number> 12345 -Data Stored

I saw this and deleted the New Hire and Break fix "Computer Serial Number" and then copied and pasted the "Return" "Computer Serial Number"... still same result. I have checked all the "connected to" and they all match. How the hell did I find .5 in Binary...

I have a gut feeling it's because of the "title" field but why some times and not others.....

Thanks in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

hi @SandrilaFriman 

What you are trying to do - Update 3 form fields into 1 SP column - is causing a conflict.

You can only connect 1 form field to 1 SP column. 

In your case, it seems that only the Title field in the Return section is saving the value into the SP Title column.

New Hire> Computer Serial Number> 12345 - No data stored (Title in Return is -blank-)

Break Fix> Computer Serial Number> 12345 - No data stored (Title in Return is -blank-)

Return>Computer Serial Number> 12345 -Data Stored (Title in Return is value "12345")

How to resolve the issue

1. I suggest to remove all the Title fields in the section

2. Create a new Title field above the section. connect this to the SP Title column

Remember - You can only connect 1 form field to 1 SP column. 

hope this helps