SharePoint Workflow Integration Folio Name

• 12 February 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I have a SharePoint Integration process and I need to be able to set the folio name with more information in the name.  Really do not care what at this point but something.  For instance I tried to get some data from the SPIntegrationData xmlfield similar to the way I would set the folioname for an InfoPath integration event but no data was added into the folioname.

Anyone have any success with this?

Jason

4 replies

Badge +3

I was able to do it with custom server event code:

XmlDocument SPIntegrationData = new XmlDocument();

SPIntegrationData.LoadXml(K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields["SPIntegrationData"].Value.ToString());

string ItemId = SPIntegrationData.SelectSingleNode("/SPData/ItemId").InnerText;

K2.ProcessInstance.Folio = "Approval for document: " + ItemId;

Michael

Badge +8
I was not quick enough to my own reply but I just started doing the same thing.  I was trying to achieve it in the wizard and apparently it does not work there.  I suspect that the order of events underneath the hood sets the folio name before the XMLFields are set.
Badge +3
Yes, I think that is exactly right -- I think it wasn't working for me because of a timing issue and that's why I went down the path of custom code.
Badge +8
Oh! It used to be the same with Sharepoint Events integration... Before SP1, when setting the folio as one of the SPEvents XML fields, I got an error when the workflow started because the XML structure wasn't set. It's been fixed with SP1, but apparently only for Sharepoint Events :-(