Not applicable

Is there any way I can log who Approve / Reject the Task in the Log History Action*

I'm using O365. Need to know is there any easy way to capture who approve or reject the Task if Task assigned to the Group (users).

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way I can log who Approve / Reject the Task in the Log History Action*

I believe you can use the Last Task Respondent from the common fields tab

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way I can log who Approve / Reject the Task in the Log History Action*

I'm using O365 App. Does not have this action available.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

It's not an action, but rather a metadata option from the Insert Reference dialog.  When you select Insert Reference you should see the Common, Item Properties, Workflow Variables, etc. tabs.  It is listed in the Common tab.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I don't see this metadata option in the form Insert Reference dialog. its O365 Nintex App version that I'm using.

LastTask.PNG

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry, Sal.  I would imagine something they are working on.  I'm speculating as I'm clearly not on O365, but you may potentially call into the Nintex web services to get this.  Although way more than you want, the GetWorkflowHistoryForListItem method would get what you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sal,

You can store the Task ID in a variable and then query the task list based on that ID and pull the "modified by" column which should contain the person who approved the task.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

So I created one workflow variable, moved the Task ID into that and able to print that value in one of the column using Update Item action,now I know the Task ID is there, I added "Office 365 query list" and In the field I set the Task variable, in the Sort option I added Current Item:Modified By option as I don't see any Task property section and move the results in the Result variable I created. Can you confirm what settings should I use here? I don't see any output in the Result. I know i'm doing something wrong here.

Querylist.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sal,

You should be querying the "Modified by" column and not the "taskid variable". Use the "taskid variable" to filter the query for when the "taskid variable" is equal to the "ID" of the task list. This will query the task you created and provide last person who modified it aka the approver.

You can find more information on how to use the query list action in the O365 user guide found here: http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Andrew, the problem I have is in the filter, as I don't see any ID related to Task list, I can see only Item Properties, workflow context and workflow variable. I got the workflow variable in the filter now if i try to set Equals to action in the second filed, I don't have ID of the task list. How do i compare this workflow variable (that is holding the task ID) ?

0 Kudos