Solved

Is there any object in nintex form to browse files/documents in other document library?

• 9 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

We have a requirement to be able to select a file or document in nintex form that is is coming from other document library? Is there any Nintex object(like attachment) that can do this? If none, is there any way to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by jesse_mchargue 9 October 2018, 19:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello allan ramirez‌ - 

I do not think that there is a specific control that will do this for you, but you could leverage the List Lookup control. This quickly limits you as you would need to configure the control to look in a specific place. You could build out cascading dropdowns to create a more dynamic experience, but again, you need to configure each one.

If the intent is to attach the document/file to the form, why not have the user browse to their desired location within the attachments popup?

Hi Jesse McHargue‌,

Thank you for the suggestions, I am trying both and seems like the list lookup control will fit our needs. But I would also like to consider the use of attachment control. However I am encountering "Windows can't find <library url>" when I input my sharepoint document library location in the address bar. I'm wondering on how you did it on your end, I am not sure if this is a permission issue. 

If I go to the document library and use the copy link function of the specific file, and input the generated link into the attachment pop up, I was able to attached it into the form, it worked but will require additional steps.