Solved

Is it possible to develop nintex workflow o365 using a local client?

Badge +6

Hi all,

I have experienced issues in the recent past with Nintex Workflow (O365) losing the connection to the workflow I am developing online. I am unsure of the reasons for it but that, and the speed issue I experience, makes me ask if there is any way we can develop O365 workflows on a local client and then publish to the cloud?

Regards,

Paul

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 12 June 2017, 18:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, Nintex does not have any such tool available, both for its on-premise and online solutions. There is no desktop client. The only way I can recommend is to regularly save you workflow and/ or export it as a file so in case you loose your connection, your browser hangs or anything unexpected happens, you have a backup plan to continue your work.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Thanks ‌,

Do you think this is something Nintex should look at?

I have been left, a few times, screaming at the monitor for me forgetting to save or backup a workflow.

Anyway, my work around is as you've suggested. Save regularly, snipping tool the screen for query lists (as they can become corrupted too), export the workflow to a repository for myself and other to use.

Thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I've been there too. Believe me

Anyway, you can suggest it using the https://nintex.uservoice.com, that could be handy indeed. From the information I have, there is no such app on any roadmap however.

Regards,

Tomasz