Solved

Is it possible to 'assign a task' and have the initiator manually select the task participant from a list of all Sharepoint users?

• 10 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I'm using Office 365 environment, and have created an 'approval workflow' where the task participant is pre-defined, however I would like the task initiator to choose who approves the document by searching/browsing for all other sharepoint users.

We used to have this working in Nintex 2010 on prem version...

icon

Best answer by jackgelo 11 February 2016, 15:36

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Kevyn,

In your form, create a People column to let the user select the Approver and use this value in your Workflow to assign the Task to.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +3

Hi Christophe,

This means the user has to edit a column in sharepoint before starting the workflow... extra steps which we want to avoid (especially if a user forgets to change the field, and the task goes to a previous name in the list)

Is there no way to let the user decide on the fly like in Nintex 2010?

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Kevyn,

could you create a user variable in your workflow and make it required on initiation? You can set it to be required so user has to insert someone to be the approver.

Giacomo

Badge +3

Great solution - thank you for the answer.

I created a new variable called 'select approver' and had it initiate at workflow startup, and then used the variable in the task approver field etc.