Is Query XML No longer Valid for Lists?

• 10 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +3

We're transitioning from Nintex 2013 on prem to Nintex for O365 and I'm running into headaches with the Query XML feature.  In the documentation, it says it's now only valid for files in a Document Library, but I keep reading that we should still be able to use it to retrieve data in repeating sections of forms yet can't seem to make it work.

I've connected repeating sections to plain, multi-text columns.  I've even tried to set the XML source data as NFFormData, which is apparently the happy place where XML lives.

However, no matter what I do, this error comes up: One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.

I've written the Query path as I would have in Nintex 2013, I've adjusted the path to reflect examples I've seen here, etc.  Still no joy.
Query XML is below:  (I know it asks for a URL to a specific item, but as I'm not in a doc library, I'm not sure how to apply that.)

10058i394CBD79769063A2.png
XML Data in the column reads as such:

10059i96400A47F4B41D64.png

If I simply can't have Query XML in lists anymore - Not cool if that's the case, Nintex - please someone help me understand the discrepancy between the various postings so I stop banging my head. And perhaps what you're doing to get at that data.  I'm messing around with RegEx, but I'd rather not if there's an easier way.

Otherwise, if there's a reference post for how to craft XML queries to pull repeating section form data for lists, please point me in the right direction.  I'm hoping it's just something I've overlooked.

Thanks!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!