Solved

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.

• 1 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hi All,

I am developing a Nintex form and  have a lot of unbound fields and they were working. 
I tied an unbound form field for User control, suddenly found an error:

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

I am getting error both in Chrome and Firefox Browser (latest version)

However, in Internet Explorer( IE 11), it works well.
Any idea, what could be the potential issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.    

icon

Best answer by ArohShukla 2 February 2017, 05:35

View original

5 replies

Badge +9

There were a couple a white spaces in Drop Down spaces in our unbound fields.

We removed the white spaces for all the drop down lists within Nintex form and it WORKED!

Badge +3

I am also encountering this error. Can you please clarify the white spaces issue? Are the white spaces in the values or the description causing the issues? Obviously having a white space in a Drop Down item is ideal.

Badge +7

Josh Lukins‌, did you ever figure this out? Where are these white spaces?

Badge +3

Nope - We have still been experiencing this error. I did not pursue the White Space theory as I didn't get clarification on where to change them.

In my circumstance, the error seems to happen at random about 10% of the time. This makes it very difficult to work out what is causing the problem.

Badge +7

Well, I did end up having some success, but it's still not ideal.

I'll post my code and the entire solution once I have it finished, but in my situation, I'm using JavaScript to query three different lists across two different sites. I use data from two of the lists to filter data from the third list before building my drop down control.

From all the research I did, it seems like the postback doesn't like 'new' entries added to the drop down. So, I decided to use a List Lookup control to query the master list and return all items. Then, I ran the rest of my code to re-query the list using my added filters. The code then blows away all of the results in the drop down and rebuilds them in the identical format, but with the limited results. 

That seems to be working right now. Apparently, you can have a drop down with fewer options than what the page initially loaded, but add something that wasn't there to begin with and it'll blow up.