Authentication issues between K2 Blackpearl and MOSS

• 13 February 2008
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi all,

I'm new here, and new to MOSS and K2 as well, so please forgive if this question is a bit basic.....

We're getting errors occuring when we try to run the Update K2 Service Definitions task in MOSS. Running the K2 BP Server in console mode, we are seeing lines such as the following:

Error 2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectsManagementServer.GetServices, Authentication required for session xxxx

2 of those, followed by:

Error 8060 ProcessPacket Error, Authentication required for session xxxx

The practical upshot of this is that the updated SmartObject data fields are not being passed to SharePoint for use in creating Document Libraries or views, and the Service Methods are not updating inside K2 (this may be an unrelated issue.

Configuration is as follows: We are running a single, standalone server, with W2003 server, SQL2005, IIS, MOSS2007 and K2BP all on the same server.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thx

Paul

4 replies

Badge +8

My initial guess would be that the SharePoint Application Pool in IIS is not running as a domian account and thus can't authenticate with the K2 server.  Do you see any connection information in the server console window?

-Eric

Badge +1

I have the same issue, however, I can run the K2 server application from the start menu without the same error messages. It's only when I run the K2 Server from the windows service do I get the errors.  What up? I run both with the same domain account.

-Rod

Badge +3

Hi Rod,

It might be related the the license type that you are using. Can you please let me know what the license type is?

Thanks

-Coenie

Badge +3

Hi Paul,

What you can do is to enable kerberos logging on that server, then refer to the System event log for any kerberos errors that might occur.

Hope this helps

-Coenie