Solved

Include list item attachments Assign a task..

• 21 June 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hello Team,

Could someone of you give me an advise about how include list item attachments when a task is assigned to request approval?

I know that working with sharepoint and nintex on premises we have the option to include attachments in asing task or request approval. is there any way top manage this in nintex office 365?

Thanks

Walter

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 21 June 2017, 16:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Unfortunately that is not possible directly. You have to use a workaround, that has its limits however.

1. First, you must create the task manually, using the "Create list item" action.
  2. Then you have to use the "Send email" action, to send task notification, where you can attach files.
  3. Then you have to use the "Pause for" action, to stop your workflow until the task is not completed.

But in that approach you will not see your tasks listed in the "Workflow History" page. You will also have troubles if you create more than one task at a time, etc...

Anyway, as I wrote - you cannot do it using either "Assign a task" or "Start a task process" actions. Possibly there is such request in the UserVoice

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Thank you Tomasz.

I am not sure if I understand, how is going to be the approval? 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe I was not clear. That will happen the same way as when using the built-in action, but you have to create a task, assign it and notify (using the Send email action, where you can attach files) the assignee by yourself. 

Then you have to pause the workflow until the task (our tasks) is completed.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled across this deficiency as well and would like to urge everyone to vote for this feature on the User Voice site. Doesn't look like it's gotten much traction yet though so lets work together to change that!

Ability to include attachments for Task Emails – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Thanks,

Steve