I get an error from a Run If

• 5 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a field called “Services?” with a choice of “Yes” or “No”

I created a "Run if" the value of “Services” was “Yes” (see screenshot 1 below) and added a “Send email” to it. See screenshot 2 of the entire workflow.

I cannot save the workflow because I get the error in screenshot 3: Error Publishing workflow. Unable to case object of type ‘System.Activities.InArgument’ 1[System.String]’ to type ‘System.Activities.InArgument’ 1[Microsoft.Activities.DynamicValue]’

I’ve looked at and read all kinds of documentation, watched videos, and I’m still not getting it. (Often the videos and documentation look like they’re for on prem and my version doesn’t have the same choices). Any help would be appreciated. I'm a newbie so please be thorough, send me detailed links, whatever ....

Screenshot 1, Run If

Screen shot 1, run if

Screenshot 2, entire workflow:

Screen shot 2, entire workflow

Screenshot 3, error:

Screen shot 3, error

Mavis Moon  Director Information Systems

t 408 432 5658  

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Mavis, I'd suspect that the issue is actually in one of the Send Notification actions. Have you tried and removed the actions one by one to locate the source of the error? Could you provide a screenshot of the other two action configuration?

Thanks, Pat

I gave up on “Run if” and used a conditional branch instead. That seems to be working. I used the same email send task, so I don’t think that was the issue.

Please Note: Pivot Interiors will be closed from December 24 through January 1. Happy Holidays!

Mavis Moon Director Information Systems

t 408 432 5658 c 408 318 2037

mmoon@pivotinteriors.com<mailto:mmoon@pivotinteriors.com>