Solved

How to use an attachment if I delete the item ?

• 2 February 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I have an issue with my workflow. 

I created workflow on Office 365 which upload a copy of an item in a list from another list (same site).

I followed this tutorial Nintex attachment workflow and it works.

The problem is the file is corrupted when I try to open it. For me (I'm not 100% sure), it is because I delete the initial file at the end of my workflow.

So my question is : Can I totally upload the file without make it corrupted ?

icon

Best answer by pierrenouet 8 February 2017, 10:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Pierre Nouet‌ I have also been working with similar solution for moving list attachments out to another library, but never faced a problem, that the file is corrupted. That is certainly not a reason, that you delete the original file. 

I mean that the file you uploads is not a copy, but a new version. Maybe the original file is corrupted?

There is no connection between them - the office 365 upload file action creates a new element. Have you tried not to delete the file in the first place so that your uploaded file is not broken? Have you faced a scenario when the uploaded file was ok? How do you delete the attached file in the end?

Regards, 

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Tomasz Poszytek, thank you for your answer.

I began my test with just the office 365 upload file action‌ without deleting the item and it works fine. My files were upload and i could open them without issues.

I delete the initial item with the "delete item action".

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Pierre Nouet‌ would it be possible that you paste screenshot of your workflow? Or even the last actions where you put the delete list item action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Pierre, I have simulated what you are taking about - I have created a workflow copying list attachment to a library which after copying the attachment is then removing the original list item with ‌ action:

I see no issues nor errors in opening the copied attachment. Everything works fine. Can you share your workflow with me here?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I found what was going wrong!

First : As you said, there was absolutly nothing with the delete list item‌ action. It works fine.

2) The problem was in my office 365 upload file action‌.

3) In the field "File to upload" I choosed "Contents" instead of "Existing Sharepoint content".

4) I had spaces in my filename so it didn't work if I wrote the url in this field. But i take it in a variable and put the variable in the field, it works fine (this bug, was pain).

Thank you for your help

Regards,

Pierre

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad you found solution Please mark the question's most appropriate answer as "Correct" so that others will now they can find a verified solution here.

Regards,

Tomasz