Service Process could not be activated

• 15 June 2015
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Symptoms

Service Process could not be activated

Diagnoses

We have a new installation of K2 blackpearl Server. We are calling it using the WCF.svc process. It is throwing an error that says,

A first chance exception of type 'System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: The requested service, 'http://k2.denallix.com:81/K2Services/WCF.svc/Process' could not be activated. See the server's
diagnostic trace logs for more information.

I do not know where to look to resolve this problem and would like a little help debugging it.

Here's your K2 Stack trace thrown in our C_ code...

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageDataand msgData, Int32 type)
at DB.WorkflowServiceReference.IProcessNavigationService.StartNewProcessInstance(StartNewProcessInstanceRequest request)
at DB.WorkflowServiceReference.ProcessNavigationServiceClient.DB.WorkflowServiceReference.IProcessNavigationService.StartNewProcessInstance(StartNewProcessInstanceRequest request)

Resolution

Customer was able to resolve the issue.

"When browsing to the location "http://k2.denallix.com:81/K2Services/WCF.svc" from a browser, the WSF.svc showed an error in the web.config file at line number 65. By looking at that line number, I was able to see the problem and fix it.

To be precise, When I did the installation, I checked both HTTP and HTTPS availability for K2. But actually, our server was not prepared for HTTPS traffic. Therefore, yesterday I edited the web.config to comment out the HTTPS configuration. Since the order of these attributes is different between 4.6.8 and 4.6.9 (and the comments are confusingly arranged) I did one of my adjustments incorrectly. After fixing it, the WCF.svc URL started working and our K2 service call started working as well."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!