How to start a workflow in sharepoint and nintex form 365 with the button click

• 27 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

How to start a workflow in sharepoint and nintex form 365 with the button click???, which is the javascript function,??? I have a ID Workflow...

Help me...

Thanks...

Federico MS.

7 replies

Badge +5

Hi Federico Morales Serrano‌, what do you mean by  start a workflow in sharepoint and nintex form 365 with the button click?

Do you mean, start a workflow using nintex form O365?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You could write javascript code for a button that creates an item on a SharePoint list, then it will start the workflow you need.

Badge +5

Hi   Fernando Hunth, if I understand correct this requirement could be trying to either trigger a list item workflow or a site workflow when an action happens on the Nintex Form. As much as I know there is no Jquery available to start a workflow with ID like how we happen to do using C# in object model coding. Thus here you have to take little different direction.

if it is a list item workflow you can put a condition against the column which can take value of button or if it is a site workflow in side item update workflow trigger the site workflow if button passed value to Yes or true.

Nintex has a mechanism to connect button return value to a field in the list you can leverage that do accomplish this feature that you are looking for.

Refer to form button settings and wf actions for example

I hope this helps!

Badge +8

Yes, I have Nintex Form, Workflow and Sharepoint 365, and need that in form list have a button, when I click this button this start a "x" workflow list.

Thanks.

Fms.

Badge +8

Perfect, I saw some codes in javscript in the some blogs, but this are to Nintex and Sharepoint on premise, not for O365, this is my problem.

Thanks.

Fms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ‌ is any from the above answers helpful? Is your question answered?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Well, I think in javascript code in client click, I saw for sharepoint on premise, but not for O365.

Thanks.

Fms.