How to show related Item link on task form

Badge +5

Hello everyone

I have customized task form using O 365 Nintex forms. On the task form, I want to show item link. I have seen some blogs where it was suggested to use a button and use Javascript function using window.open and in built Item link function. Unfortunately the Item link function is not working. Item link function seems to be opening editifs page but I get following error:

/Item/editifs.aspx?ID=

205644_pastedImage_1.png 

Does anyone get similar error while using Item link? Also, I noticed that Related Items do not show up in Nintex task form. How can I show link to Item on task form which works.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10 replies

Badge +8

Try the below steps:

1. Create a workflow variable and save Current Item Url 
  2. Replace DispForm with EditForm text in the above saved 'Replace Substring with String' and save the result in a workflow variable
  3. In the Task Form use the Custom Javascript to set the above variable value to the hyperlink to access the Item

Badge +5

Thank you ‌ This is a good workaround. But the in built function "Item URL" is supposed to give the url of the item. The same function works in emails. Why does it not work on Task forms? Something seems incorrect with the way the way function outputs value. ‌ team any idea why Item Url does not work on task form?

Badge +8

Agree with Kiran Bellala‌. 

There are options provided to insert reference on the text written area (refer 1st and 2nd image) but these options are disabled when an Insert HyperLink option is used (refer 3rd image).

These were not the case in On-Prem version of Nintex. 

I agree with both of you. Stumbled on this post while trying to do the exact same thing on my task form. I'm was a little surprised it wouldn't allow me to us references in the hyperlink web address field. directly inserting the Current Item URL will work to provide the address, but it doesn't hyperlink. Did either ‌ or ‌ figure out a simple way to do this without the above workaround? Bump on a response from the ‌ team.

Badge +8

Tough luck on this!!

‌ please have a look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can as well use calculated field, with a formula: '<a href="'+ Item URL +'" target="_blank">click here</a>'.

This will convert your formula into a working hyperlink. Easy and fast.

And it works both in Standard and RWD forms

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Just added this solution to my task forms and it's working like a charm! Thanks Tomasz - easy and fast!

Badge +4

Tomasz

Thank you for providing this solution.  This will be a great help.  However, I'm obviously missing something as I cannot get it to work.  Here is my Calc Valu setting - are you able to see where my mistake is?

Also, can this solution be tested in the task form Preview?

Thank you

Mark

Badge +4

Nicole

I replied to Tomasz' post, but also thought I might ask if you could take a look at my reply here., I'm obviously missing something as I cannot get it to work.  Here is my Calc Valu setting - are you able to see where my mistake is?

Also, can this solution be tested in the task form Preview?

Thank you

Mark

Badge +2

I managed to get a link to the same tab (no target _blank) using a Hyperlink control with 'Control Mode' set to 'Display', connected to a Hyperlink variable with its value set to 'Item URL, click here' (url and display text separated by comma).

Hope it helps somebody.