Solved

How to set a dropdown selection when a date field is completed?

Badge +6

Pretty simple need here:

I have a "Status" dropdown field with various status selections.  And a "Completed Date" date field.

When the User enters a completed date, I would like the Status field to automatically change to "Completed."

Nintex 365 isn't the most intuitive and doesn't offer much out of the box functionality, and I am a beginner with JS.  Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by EuanGamble 9 May 2019, 02:07

View original

5 replies

Badge +17

@anderj39 Good question and yes it not quite as simple due to how the rules currently work. However, I can say that we have a new version of the form design coming really soon to address this and other things. If you are interested in signing up for the advanced preview, DM @EuanGamble 

Regarding your question, take a look at this post to see if this helps you out with the javascript part

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/How-can-I-set-a-value-in-a-text-field-using-JavaScript/td-p/5574.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anderj39 

Happy to give you access to an early preview of our new Responsive Designer.

I have recorded a video based on your requirements. Hopefully this gives you an idea of how it works.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +6
Wow! Now THAT'S intuitive! Thanks for the quick demo! When will that functionality be rolling out?

Will we be able to incorporate that logic into existing Nintex forms, or would we need to rebuild each form in the new environment?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anderj39,

So very soon we will be rolling this out to registered customers for Advance Preview. This means that it is completely functional, but may be missing a few specific features. These features will be added leading up to release.

Post release, we are planning to include the capability to convert from the existing Responsive designer to the new Responsive Designer within the product, but this will come later. So when you get the new Responsive designer, you will need to rebuild existing forms until the migration component is shipped.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anderj39,

I can turn on the designer for you now if you like - it is in Advance Preview. Just shoot me an email at euan.gamble@nintex.com so we can discuss.

Cheers,

Euan