Solved

How to re-run a new version of the workflow on an Item

• 5 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

We are using Nintex workflow for O365 for buildning Case Management System.In some stage of the production we found that the workflow was malfounctioning and thats whey we modified it.Now,  how can we use the new version of the flow on an item that was running the old version already. When restarting the workflow , which version actually runs?

Regards

Nada

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 5 October 2017, 11:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

the only way is to terminate the currently running workflow, then go to the workflows page of the item and start that workflow again.

Always, the newest version of the workflow is available. So once you publish new workflow and then run it, you will run the newest.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Again, please can you mark my answer as correct if it helps you, so that other users will know that the question has a reliable solution

Best regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

I have workflows that don't always run the latest version. Any ideas on why that might be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is simply not possible. If you publish new version of workflow and run it on an item (or in a site), after the publication is done, there is no possibility to run older version.

The only way I see this can happen is that you have already an item, for which workflow has already started, thus even when you publish a new one, without terminating that one being executed and launching it again, the previous version of the workflow will run for that item.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

You are wrong.

It happens.

Sometimes you have to go to the list or library, in the ribbon click on workflows (Not manage Nintex Workflows) and remove the older versions of the workflow to keep them from running.