Solved

How to make user sent the mail not the system ?

• 5 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi all, 

The notification emails whether it is from the workflow or SharePoint is sent by the system. In our organization there is a general tendency to avoid emails from the system. 

Currently I am developing a workflow application where the manager approves a form and an emails will be sent to his subordinates. This email however send by the system " no-reply@sharepointonline.com". we would like to know if there are any mechanism where we can make use of nintex workflow  force managers email id as from.

I cant see "From" in Sent email action in office, But at the same time i can see this feature is available in nintex for sharepoint 2013 Send notification 

200450_pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Kannan

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 5 March 2017, 10:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is no such functionality using Nintex for O365, however you can create a workaround hybrid: when you want to send a mail, you call a flow built in Microsoft Flow, passing for example a mail of a sender, and then Microsoft Flow can has an action to send a mail and... its done

You can also vote for such functionality on uservoice

Regards, Tomasz

Badge +5

Thanks Tomasz,

I will try as advised.

Regards

Kannan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I tried that workaround because sending the e-mail(however it has to be the "exchange send email" action) allows you to provide custom "from" email address.

I haven't tried that with Nintex Workflow Cloud, but as far as I remember the corresponding action it does not have such possibility.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

But in Nintex workflow cloud this option (From) is not available ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I checked it yesterday and no. No such functionality. But Flow is free for use, so in case you are not afraid of MS solutions why not give it a try?