How to make the list look up field get selected based on the other list look up fields

• 14 November 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hello,

I am having 5 list lookup fields and based on the priority if I select any of the list lookup fields there are 10-15 other calculated fields below them which will fetch the values from the list.

210643_pastedImage_3.png

Now the issue I am facing as per the requirement is that if i am selecting any of the list lookup fields (the remaining 4 which are not selected) should be made as selected if there are any values for them at runtime.

210642_pastedImage_2.png

From the above image, if i select the first list lookup field which is in red color, I want to make the other green list look up fields to be selected if there is any value corresponding to the first one.

Please let me know how to acheive this one.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Does this help with what you're trying to achieve? Three-Tier Cascading Drop Downs

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply Castillo. The URL you provided is for cascading drop downs where the lists are built from the start. In my case, the lists are already built and have no connection between them.I need the functionality where i need to make the list lookup field get selected at runtime when any of the other list lookup field is selected and at the same time get the lookups of the bottom calculated fields based on the priority for which i am using a big formula in them(Cal fields).

Badge +8

Sounds like you will need some nested If logic. Has nesting conditions not worked for you?