Solved

How to extract current year & month and update multiple list items in Nintex Workflow

• 12 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi all,

I am working on in enhancing a workflow that was used by a previous partner for Office 365.

1. The business requirements need a string that has year and month parts with a running number by previous partner as shown below: 

I thought partner used a workflow variable for “current_year_month” but there was NO workflow variable declared within the workflow. Moreover I tried make a build string and try to use fn-formatdate() but In office 365 there is no fn-formatdate() function as yet.

I need to extract current year and month that I can use for my workflow.
    How it can be achieved?

2.  The old workflow had to be updated for Stage and Status fields for a specific list as follows:

However, I am using the exactly same list in but I don’t know how Stage and Status fields be updated in my newly created workflow: 

Q: How to update multiple fields for specific list?

Thanks in advance! 
icon

Best answer by ArohShukla 14 February 2017, 00:34

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

I have managed to get the part 2 of the question

Can somebody help me to how to extract the month part of current year in Office 365? 
Thanks. Rhia Wieclawek 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ I would use the "Extract substring from a string" action assuming your string has a fixed format and just take 2 signs starting from 9th (or 10th, test ). In case you have this date also stored separately so you would be able to use it as a date variable, then I would again use the Extract action, but this time I would set date format to ISO (ex. 20170213T014622Z) and then again I would take 2 signs starting from 4th.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomasz

Badge +8

Hi Sandy S‌,

The screenshot shared by you shows current_year_month is a SharePoint list column and not a Nintex workflow variable (which expains why you could not find in the workflow variables list). Please cross check the SharePoint list once.

If not, you can follow ‌ reply.

Badge +9

Thanks Chaitra B C‌ and Tomasz Poszytek‌ your valuable inputs. 
Chaitra ..there a column named current_year_month but it shows single line of text. 

So did some  other trick using SharePoint columns. 

1. I created two columns as Calculated fields called GetMonth and GetYear as follows: 

2. the list columns are shown as follows

3. Inside the Nintex Workflow , I updated both GetYear and GetMonth 

4. Finally the Workflow was updated with correct format as required by business. 

Thanks!