Solved

How to enable usage of App Step

I'm running in to an error when using an App Step within my Office 365 Nintex Workflow. Eventhough I have activated the corresponding Site Feature, I keep getting the error listed below when adding the App Step action to my canvas. Please note that I'm getting this error in both existing and newly created workflows. Are there any other settings I have to change in order for this to work (e.g. on Tenant Level)?

The required feature is not currently active.

To enable App Step, the following site feature must be activated:

Workflows can use app permissions

icon

Best answer by tvgrimbergen 15 November 2016, 13:13

View original

5 replies

Please note that I, as mentioned, already had enabled the corresponding Site Feature. Apparently it takes a while before Nintex Workflow picks up these settings and /or these settings are actually applied, as I can now use the action without any issues.

Badge +3

Hi

when I want to start this services I have had this  error:

"An unexpected error has occurred"

What can I do?

Badge +8

Hello Tom van Grimbergen‌, how long did it take before Nintex Workflow began to recognize the activation of this feature?

I'm seeing some errors when my workflow executes a Web Request action (running as a non-admin) and I think the issue spawns from not running inside of an App Step.

Hi Patrick Abel‌. I can't recall how long it took before this started to work in my original scenario. I used this step recently, it then worked instantly (I had to close the Workflow Designer and open it again).

Please note that not all actions can use elevated permissions, even though they are included in the App Step. I'm not sure which actions are(n't) covered to be honest. I'm quite sure the Web Request action will not use elevated permissions, as it requires you to specify specific credentials within the actual action.

Badge +8

Thanks for the help Tom van Grimbergen‌! I'm not sure if time factored into the equation but after ~30 minutes and closing/re-opening designer, Nintex was honoring the feature activation and working like a champ.