Solved

How to display link on form?

• 13 June 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I've currently got one workflow that triggers the user to complete a second form and submit it. I'm trying to show a link to the first form on the second, but I can't seem to get it to work.

In the workflow on the first form, I use the build string action to create a URL with the text 'View Form' and set that to a Request URL field on the second. The step I'm having trouble with is then displaying this link on the second form so that it doesn't show the URL, but uses the display text 'View Request', and is active in display mode.

I've tried having the workflow set the variable to URL field type, and to a Rich Text field type. The second allows the link to be active, but shows the URL rather than the text.

Is there some way I can accomplish this? Also, is there some way I can accomplish this and have the link open in a new tab/window?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Katherine

icon

Best answer by janeyres 15 June 2016, 10:24

View original

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi,

If you create a Button control with a JavaScript action and type of Link you can then use script to do this something like this by inserting the reference to the RequestURL item property in the window.open method:

function openOldForm() {

window.open('RequestURL','_blank');

}

Jan