Solved

How to access List item when Nintex license is expired

• 3 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am using Nintex Form and Workflow for Office 365. Recently due to some communication issue between client and Nintex partner, Nintex license was expired for few hours. This caused few issues:

1. Users were not able to access List form for one of the critical application.

2. SharePoint workflows were stopped.

My question is, what is the best way to access List items (critical list) in this kind of situation ( renewal is pending or license is expired temporarily).

Please point me to any existing thread or let me know here so that I would be prepared in future. Definitely will try to avoid this situation with better coordination with Nintex, Nintex partner and client's team.

Thanks,

Rahul  

icon

Best answer by nanettedv 10 April 2018, 14:34

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Rahul

You can have a look at the article What happens at the end of my subscription on Office 365? It explains what happens in the event that your license expires.  You should still be able to view items in the list that uses Nintex Forms, but you will not be able to create new items in the list using a Nintex Form or run/ edit Workflows. Running workflows will also be suspended when your license expires.

Note: You can request a temporary extension of the subscription for a period of 30 days to provide operational continuity whilst the renewal is being processed.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done in the event that your license expires and a business critical workflow is affected. This is why Nintex starts communicating the license expiry 60 days prior to the license actually expiring. To mitigate this situation going forward, you can log into Nintex Partner Central with your Nintex Partner credentials where you can see which of your customers' licenses are due for renewal up to 90 days prior to expiry.

Badge +4

Thank you so much ‌ for your reply. Really helpful.