shaunlub
Scout

Re: How to Capture Approval Comments in Nintex Forms List in Workflow Action - Start a task process

Jump to solution

The first logging action here records the odata "comments collection... " shown above ... pulling the comments columns together in the collection var as an array. The For Each here should be outputting each iteration of this to the comments holder text var. The logging action inside the For Each should display each of the Comment Holder contents - but these remain stubbornly empty. The build string should concatenate these Commment Holder values in to an All-Comments text var (the last logging action should show this). Not sure how to progress here.

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek

Re: How to Capture Approval Comments in Nintex Forms List in Workflow Action - Start a task process

Jump to solution

Share as well the "Query List" action settings as well as write down, what data type you used to store comments along with the task? Is it a plain text field? 

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Scout

Jump to solution

I was using the Comments column from the Nintex Task content type - it was a multi-line field, but I am not sure of the setup (whether it was set as plain text). I just tried adding a new multi-line column and using that with plain text set. (The ApproverComments site column you mentioned above was not available on the site columns list under Nintex).

Using the new settings did not change the outcome from previously.

Below is the setup of the Query List action.

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Scout

Jump to solution

(The ApproverComments column you see listed here is a purely local column I created to replace the original Comments multi-line column)

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek

Jump to solution

Change the radio from "Single output" into "Separate output per column"

shaunlub
Scout

Jump to solution

Tomasz,

Thank you very much. I can confirm this works now. I will try to make some time soon to write this up with screen shots - so as to be more beneficial to 'borrow-and-adapt' people like me.

jaapsteenis
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hi Shaunlub,

Did you write or create an example about this very good solution ?

I am having a requirement to collect Comments / All Comments on a Simple Approval Workflow in SharePoint Online (I am either using the Assign a Task or Assign a Flexi Task for that,).

Thanks

Jaap

shaunlub
Scout

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Satveer
Novice

Jump to solution

Below are simple steps to capture comments in Nintex form list:

1) Enable versioning setting in list setting.

2) Create Comment column in list and select "Yes" on "Append Changes to Existing Text" in list comment column.  

3) In approval workflow task, use list comment column instead of using Approval comments field of approval workflow task.

I guess this will help.

0 Kudos