Solved

How do you resize a responsive form

• 17 October 2017
  • 16 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I am using the NEW responsive forms in Nintex and I have a repeating section in the form and have ran out of room for my columns, can anyone tell me how to re-size my form its currently 900 x 700 and I want to make it bigger so that I can fit more columns into the repeating section?

Would this work?

Thank you

Claire

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 17 October 2017, 16:27

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

You cannot make it wider. You can only extend it in height. No possibility to change the width. And yes - you can only put up to 4 columns in a row. Hope it helps to clarify your doubts

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Is the height fixed now? I no longer see an option to change the height of a responsive form.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm also having this issue - my responsive form has a lot of white space at the bottom, it's a very small form (for starting workflows) and there's about 300px of space between the "start" button and the bottom of the form. I'm using it in a web part, so I don't want that space...

Euan Gamble  Dan Burke  Jonathan Butler

Badge +2

I've just run into the same issue. A customer's form has the need for 6 columns in a repeating section and I'm limited to 4 Columns or starting a new row in the repeating item. Not ideal considering 3 of the 6 columns are simply checkboxes. I dont want to go back to classic forms now, just so I can support complex (more than 4?) columns

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

From discussions with Euan Gamble‌, it sounds like they are aware of this and likely implementing a much larger number of columns for usage in Universal Forms.

Now.. to get our hands on Universal Forms... I've heard 2019, but January or December?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Rhia Wieclawek‌,

We would like to get a preview out soon but no dates are announced yet.

So would 8 columns be enough?

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

why would you still implemented a limit there?

if I ran a form on a 4K monitor and wanted it to be as wide as possible, why should I still be limited to 8 (or arbitrary number of) columns?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

Are you wanting to build a form to be used across desktop, tablet and mobile? Or just a form for desktop on larger screens?

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Such wide form's would be primarily for desktop

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

In that case, Responsive Forms is not suitable for this use case. I would recommend using Classic Forms as it is a fixed with that can be configured for the desired width and size of the screen.

Responsive is good when you expect your form to be used across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices and will transform for each screensize.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, I use(d) classicforms.  that's one of serious reasons why I do not use responsive forms at all yet.

but I though you asked with regard to future releases of responsive forms, resp. universal forms when there (likely) classic forms will not be available anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

We have no plans to remove or retire Classic Forms at this point in time. We understand people still want fixed width forms and more granular control over the canvas. Once we have shipped Universal Forms, we will revisit our strategy on Classic Forms.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +1

As you add controls to the form it will automatically expand the form height.

I'm having trouble trying to resize the form fields on my Nintex Form in O365.  I'm in the Responsive Form Designer but the Shrink and Expand buttons on the Width section of the control are disabled.  .

I'm not able to resize any of the fields on my form.  How do I enable this functionality so I can resize the fields on my form?  Right now all the controls go all the way across the form page and that's not very efficient with space on the form.  

Badge +5

How do I get my columns to display once running the for live? 

The program puts them all one under the other.

I am trying to use the shrink or expand in the New Responsive Designer and it wont let me