EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How do you resize a responsive form

Jump to solution

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

Are you wanting to build a form to be used across desktop, tablet and mobile? Or just a form for desktop on larger screens?

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Such wide form's would be primarily for desktop

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

In that case, Responsive Forms is not suitable for this use case. I would recommend using Classic Forms as it is a fixed with that can be configured for the desired width and size of the screen.

Responsive is good when you expect your form to be used across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices and will transform for each screensize.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

yes, I use(d) classicforms.  that's one of serious reasons why I do not use responsive forms at all yet.

but I though you asked with regard to future releases of responsive forms, resp. universal forms when there (likely) classic forms will not be available anymore.

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

We have no plans to remove or retire Classic Forms at this point in time. We understand people still want fixed width forms and more granular control over the canvas. Once we have shipped Universal Forms, we will revisit our strategy on Classic Forms.

Cheers,

Euan

jharris73
Nintex Observer

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble trying to resize the form fields on my Nintex Form in O365.  I'm in the Responsive Form Designer but the Shrink and Expand buttons on the Width section of the control are disabled.  .Nintex Width buttons not enabled.png

I'm not able to resize any of the fields on my form.  How do I enable this functionality so I can resize the fields on my form?  Right now all the controls go all the way across the form page and that's not very efficient with space on the form.  

0 Kudos