How do you configure Create Item action

• 8 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Can someone show me an example how to configure the 'Create Item' action in O365 ?
I am having an issue with the Path and Name field and don't know what to enter in that field.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Please provide a screen shot of the fields that you are having an issue with as I do not see them in the create list item action or the Office 365 create list item or document set action.
Badge +2

Hello Simon, it's the Create Item action (when you select as Target a Library, the option Path and Name (a mandatory field) needs to be completed. I am aming to copy an Item from Library 'SourceJaap" to "TargetJaap"  (including an attachment). 

The Copy Item option is not helping me because it will not copy an Item which already exists.

I need to duplicate the Item in another list as Archived Item before I am going into a new Approval process so users are able to view the Item in the Archive while the document is not available during the approval run. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
When creating an item in a document library the item must have a document.
The Path and name field is the path to the document and its name that you want to use to create the document.
In your screen shot you are linking to the current item and not a document.
Badge +2

Thanks Simon, can you show me an example as I still have an issue.

The one I am using doesn't work as: https://tenant/site/sourcejaap/test.docx

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Try using the O365 Upload file action instead.
You just choose the current item in the configuration so you dont have to worry about the path.