Solved

How can I select "Start a Task Process" participants from a list. (Office 365)

• 21 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I want to be able to select a list of approvers and assign that collection or variable as participants in a "Start Task Process" action.

Imagine that you have a list that contains two columns: a location and an approver.  For example:

Job Site A   John Doe

Job Site A   Jane Doe

Job Site B   Fred Smith

Job Site B   Alex Rogers

My workflow will select all the approvers for a given location, say "Job Site A" and attempt to make them participants in the task process. I can get the list of approvers just fine.  I just can't seem to get them into a format or variable that works as a participant in the "Start a Task Process" action.  One approver works just fine, but not multiples.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give.

Chris

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 21 February 2017, 16:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The best way would be to create a text variable and then using action to "Set Workflow Variable" to join emails from your approvers delimiting them using a semicolon (don't add any spaces between values):

Us the "advanced lookup" and then the "fx" button to get email address out of you "People or group" approver variable:

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Thanks for the tip you were absolutely right about the space between the semicolon and the next E-mail address.  That is where my mistake was.

Thanks!

Badge +6

Hi Chris,

Just create a WF Variable of type Single Line of Text. Get the values of approvers from the list by "Query List" WF Action and save them in this variable. Now pass this variable into the Task "Assignee" Field of "Start a Task Process ".

Regards 

Bashya Rajan A

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Chris Clements, if ‌ answered your question, please mark his answer as correct so that other people browsing the forum can use his awesome answer!

Badge +4

Done!  Thanks for the reminder