Solved

How can I find out who is using the generated documents quota

• 24 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a report showing me what applications, workflows, etc. are consuming the document quota in the Document Generation action. We are using the Document Generation as part of a Production site but another process seems to be consuming these documents and I wanted to find out what it was.

Any advice would be very welcome. 

Regards,

Paul

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 24 January 2017, 13:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi

Unfortunately there is no such report. You can only track particular workflows' history if you have the checkbox for tracking document quota in history checked. But if you want to find out what process is using how many document generations then no - nothing to be used.

The only idea I have is to add custom logging: in each workflow that is using the action you should add action, create a custom list somewhere in your tenant, and each time a workflow using the action is executed to add new element to the list logging workflow name, location, etc...

Then you can create a view with group by "Workflow name" and that way you will be able to find out where you document generations actions are consumed.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Hi ‌,

Thanks for the update - that's a shame for us and others I'm sure.

Sadly, I have no control over the other workflows as they have been created by another company in our group.

I like your idea about the logging though - very clever and duly noted for future.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

My pleasure  You will face the same "issue" when you'd like to find out where are the biggest workflows (having the biggest number of actions used) - so that you know where your licensing limits are most utilized. That would be pretty useful to have some sort of a report showing overall list of workflows, their locations and no. of actions used.

action is still developed for O365 so maybe one day a tool to track your limits will be introduced, but to that day you need to handle it by yourself

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Absolutely!

We are new (ish) to this and these are two areas that we face issues with.

Thanks for the advice on a workaround to control it.