Solved

Hide a Page(?) O365 New Responsive Form Designer

• 29 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to display/hide a page of a form based on a Rule?

O365 New Responsive Form Designer

icon

Best answer by v-tmasenko 29 October 2019, 21:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
As far as I know, you are correct.

The closest compromise is placing all controls in a Group control and creating a rule to make the Group control visible/hidden.

That won't actually hide the page but at least you don't have to create a rule that specifies every single control on the target page to be visible/hidden.

Alternatively, publish all controls on a single page with a Rule that makes the controls targeted for the "other" page to be visible/hidden. So the user experience will vary how far they need to scroll to get to the Submit button may be farther if those "other" page controls are visible.
Badge +2
Can you explain this solution more? What do you mean by placing all contols in a group control?

I have a similar problem where I want those filling out the form to checkmark certain products and only if those products are selected for they can fill out those pages.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6

This is an old post, but I am looking for a way to show/hide pages as well. I think the solution in this thread is to put all of the content that you want to show on a page into a group instead. This group would then be on the same page as the rest of your form. You would show/hide the group based on a rule rather than showing/hiding a page.

It works, but I would prefer to be able to show hide pages as I am already showing and hiding information on each page for a build specification form that is used for five different products. It would be much easier if on page one I can select what product(s) I need a build specification quote and then only show the pages for that product(s) along with all of its options. I suspect this is not possible because the submit button is on the last page and Nintex hasn't found a way to make the submit button float to another page if the last page gets hidden.

Below is a partial screen shot of my form with just one of the products. Can you imagine how much scrolling there would be if all five products needed quoting. Having the details of each product on a separate page makes it easier for the engineers to develop the quotes as it is less confusing than if everything was on one page. If we could hide pages, the check box at the top of this page would be in the details page tab and then Class A, Class B, MFLTU and Maze would be hidden if Mine Refuge was the only thing selected.

Maybe this example will provide Nintex with an idea of why this is needed and can figure out a way to make it work.