Solved

Hide a Control Unless One of Three Options Selected - Need Syntax

Hello Everyone,

I want to hide a Control unless one of three choices is made. 

Here's the syntax I've written:

Formula

When

RequestingArea != "Audit" || "P&C Finance" || "Tax"

Then

Hide

I believe I'm close to the correct syntax.  Would someone be able to provide the proper syntax?

Thanks!

25202i70F8C126A12D1F39.png

icon

Best answer by Garrett 17 August 2022, 18:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not(RequestingArea == "Audit" || "P&C Finance" || "Tax")

Hi @Garrett,

Thank you for the response.  Hope your day is going well.

I typed in your suggestion and Nintex didn't like it.  The "Choice" Control still shows.

When I type your recommended formula with one item, in this case "Audit", it works fine.

Thoughts?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try this

Not(RequestingArea == "Audit" || RequestingArea == "P&C Finance" || RequestingArea == "Tax")

Excellent! That's the ticket! Thank you!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sorry for the initial mistake... I'm in the middle of coding a workflow

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Another option is to use Runtime functions, which I've have better luck with in the past. It's also a matter of preference. The below formula should work too.

not(or(contains(RequestingArea,"Audit"),or(contains(RequestingArea,"P&C Finance"),contains(RequestingArea,"Tax"))))

Hi  That worked too.  I had to add an "or" and one parenthesis, but your suggestion worked.  Should I pose this as another question, so that you get credit for solving this too?

Thanks!

Solution:

not(or(contains(RequestingArea,"Audit"),or(contains(RequestingArea,"P&C Finance"),or(contains(RequestingArea,"Tax")))))

@bamaeric

Nintex edited my response, so it looks a little wonky .. but the solution is correct.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good catch. That's why you troubleshoot. No need to add another question - a kudo is fine. Glad you were able to get a solution.

Thank you!