How to uninstall Timer Control from Community site?

• 16 November 2015
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I am still on K2 4.6.8 and was looking at issues which might affect the upgrade to 4.6.11

One of those issues is that I have the old Timer Control installed from this link: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Timer-Control/ba-p/1055

I have read that if you upgrade to 4.6.11 and have the old Timer Control installed, it does not install the OOB Timer which comes with the new versions of Blackpearl.

I don't know how to uninstall the old Timer Control, can anyone give me the steps on how to uninstall it?

Thanks,

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi SHarpharp1

Please use ControlUtil.exe to deregister controls 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/devref/1.0.7/default.htm#using_controlutil.exe.html

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Mustafa,

I used the tool to "list" the control types:

At the end of the list is the Timer control as follows:

Timer:Action=K2Forms.Controls.Timer, K2Forms.Controls.Timer

What statement do i put in the Dos window to register it?

Do i need to do any other steps before and after using the tool?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

First you need to know that this control should not be used by any view of form, otherwise you will face troubles

Please use the a look at the "deregister" part not the list command

Deregistering a ControlType

The deregister command uses the following parameter sets:

controlutil deregister -control:{controltypename}

controlutil deregister -assembly:{assemblyfilepath}

If the control is already used on Views and Forms, then use the replaceWith command to deregister it as it will not be deregistered unless it is being replaced with another:

controlutil deregister -control:{controltypename} [-replaceWith:{controlName}]

controlutil deregister -assembly:{assemblyname} [-replaceWith:{controlName}]

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Mustafa,

Is there a way to find out if the Timer Control is used by any View or Form without having to go into each one to check?

Badge +5

Hi, I had this exact issue and I resolved it with this Community Article New Timer Control does not get uninstalled .......

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Latte,

I've manually checked in teh K2 DB and can't find any TypeID in the tables called c1972d71-79ee-46bc-8015-ec1a95a36a32 as per the article

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I think the type ID is auto generated and you won't find the same,

Execute this:

Select * From [K2].[Form].[Control]

Where Name Like '%Timer%'

Get the TypeID of the control and replace with the one in the KB article that Latte posted.

Remember to take back up of the DB before

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Thanks Mustafa, i will have a look.

Also, another team will take a snapshot of the server before I do this, but is there a way that I can backup the K2 DB myself on the server itself?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Managed to get it unregistered using the controlutil, K2 support said the same thing.

Thanks Mustafa for your help.