Solved

Getting email address from another list based on field values in form

• 10 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I have a form and based on the selection on a Yes/No field or a lookup field an email notification needs to be sent. I do not want to manage the emails in the workflow I would rather manage them from another list. Which brings me to my question. Is there a way for a workflow to send email notifications pulling the email address from another list based on field selections in the form? Using new responsive Designer. 

18679i2156B9FAF55D60CA.png

icon

Best answer by ghaiashish 16 July 2021, 14:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Andrew,

Simply use a lookup control on form the with a filtered look up to find email address of person/company you entered in the form

This will give you a drop down on the form to select email address

If you wish to get absolute email address on the form you need to use list look up function

1) Create a variable using 'listlookup' function

2) Add the variable to a label if you need to to just view email address

3) If you need to update a a form/list field, you will need a rule to update the field

Let me know if you have further questions related to this implementation

Kind regards,
Ashish

Badge +4
I have done this, but would like to take it a step further and have a workflow do a Run If then lookup the email address based on the If?
Userlevel 2

Hi 

I assume you are using the lookup function formula(varible) to get the field on the form

1) Create a column on your SharePoint list may be "email"

2) Add the list field to the form 

3) Update list field using a form rule 

"If 'carrier' is filled then 'email' value = 'varEmail' ( your variable)"

4) Use the column in the workflow to send emails

Let me know if you need further help writing the rule

Regards,

Ashish

Userlevel 2

You may do in another way by using a query list action on the workflow to query for 'email' from the contacts list with a filter 'if form field carrier value is equal to carrier on the contact list' 

Store result from query list in a text variable say 'varEmail'

Use 'varEmail' for you run if with your desired condition