Solved

Get Site Title via Workflow

• 29 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I'm trying figure out how to get the site title via Nintex Workflow for Office 365 and store the title in a workflow variable.

icon

Best answer by rickbakker 23 August 2016, 20:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Might be a good one for User Voice to have them put under Workflow Context built in variables.  Like Fernando mentions below, I thought I remembered there being a webservice, so I'd go with his advice and check it out, but it sure is nice when these things are built into the Workflow Context.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can use the SHP web service >>> https://yoursite.sharepoint/_api/web/title

Badge

Hey Eric

I am running through this with the example of setting the body of a notification with the site name.

If you select Insert Reference

Then the Common tabe > Site Name, this should provide you with what you are after, if I understand your question correctly.

Cheers

Joh

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good information Josh.  However, your post applies to Nintex Workflow on premise.  I'm trying to figure out how to do this using Nintex Workflow for Office 365.  It doesn't look like that option is available online.

Badge +8

Hi Eric,

I have attached a workflow which will show you how it is done. Among a few other actions, the 'Call HTTP Web Service' action is needed.

Just create a 'Custom list' app in Office 365, add the workflow, add an item in the list, run the workflow on the item and when the workflow has completed, the Title field contains the name of the site.

Cheers,

Rick

Please mark this reply as a correct answer if it is a solution for your problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks Rick.  I tried this out on my Office 365 site and it worked great!