Get Document URL Nintex 365

• 3 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I must stress this question is for Nintex and SharePoint online. The resources I have found so far focus on On-Prem solutions and I have so far been unable to convert those processes into a Nintex 365 format.

I am trying to use the new Nintex feature to Email with attachments. It works great with documents attached to the list item, however the process of finding the document in the document library and attaching it manually to the list item is a timely process. As such when the "Send" button in the form is activated and the workflow begins I would like a workflow to retrieve the URLs of the documents in the document library associated with the current list item.

Here is an image of where I need to enter the URL:

attachdoc.jpg

The instructions make this seem like a walk in the park. It suggests the URL would be simple, so I entered for example stw/helpdesk/instruction/NE16023.doc.

This did not work and on closer inspection of the document in the document library the full URL of the file is: https://summersinman.sharepoint.com/STW/helpdesk/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=A2QAPDAFPJZK-9-169​ and the file name is NE16023.doc.

I need the workflow to attach the Word document in the document library when the name of the file equals the project ID of the list item, in this case I need document NE16023 to be attached to the email when the "send" button is pressed in the form for list item "NE16023".

There appears to be no link between the document name and the URL, so the simple explanation circled above in the picture does not help me.

Hope someone can help me.

Andy

I must stress this question is for Nintex and SharePoint online. The resources I have found so far focus on On-Prem solutions and I have so far been unable to convert those processes into a Nintex 365 format.

6 replies

Badge +6

UPDATE on the above:

I went into site settings Under Site Collection Administration, clicked Site collection features and disabled document ID services. This removed the "/DocIdRedir" portion of the URL. Now the URL for a document is "summersinman.sharepoint.com/STW/helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023.docx?d=w42aacd92d2ec49128fe5b1ade2c845c"

So I'm a bit closer to my goal of having a URL as "STW/Helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023" as the information I have found seems to suggest I need that, but what are those letters and numbers after the ".docx?" and how do I remove them? Is there another type of ID I need to deactivate?

According to Nintex help I should have a URL along the lines of "summersinman.sharepoint.com/STW/Helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023.docx" I should then remove the Site portion of the URL to just "STW/Helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023.docx" and away we go, it should all work.

As seen in the below screen shot of Nintex Help page:

NintexHelp.jpg

Hope someone can help.

Andy

Badge +6

I have now used Nintex workflow variables to obtain Absolute URL - Source URL etc etc, and place that in the but the workflow continuously terminates saying it could not find the document at that URL - but I know it's the correct URL because I built a query that would give me that URL.

Thinking it may have something to do with these digits and letters after the Document Name?

I am at a loss.

Andy

Badge

Hi Andrew,

Could you try "STW/helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023.docx?d=w42aacd92d2ec49128fe5b1ade2c845c" or "STW/helpdesk/Instruction/NE16023.docx" ?

The ID after the Office docs in Document Libraries can be included or omitted.

Using absolute or server-relative URL won't work at the moment as the action needs site-relative url for attachments.

Regards,

Azam

Badge +6

Hi Azam,

Thank you for your reply. I will try this as soon as I can, but thought I would reply just to let you know I appreciate your time.

I will hopefully get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Andy

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Did you ever make any headway on this topic?

Badge

Hi Andrew,

no idea if this is still important but nonetheless:

try the internal name of the coloumn. For the sourceurl it is "_SourceUrl".

List of all internal field names:  Reference list for SharePoint internal field names | Michael Yeager's MSDN Blog .

Best regards,

Julian