We have a O365 Form solution in that has a lookup to another list.
The content in the other list has grown and now we found out no more that 2000 items can be returned.
Does anybody has an idea to overcome this hard limitation? (which makes our customer solution useless).
The only option I see is moving the lookup data to SQL Azure, but here it cannot be easily managed by Power users.
Solved! Go to Solution.
|EDIT: The latest versions of Nintex Forms 2010 (184.108.40.206) and 2013 (220.127.116.11) have now addressed this. As per the release notes: "Changed List Lookup limit if view not specified. Previously was limited to 2000 items but will now show all items.". Please see the Product Downloads page for more information.|
It's not possible to adjust this limit of 2000 items for a Nintex Forms Lookup control. However we can workaround this limit by creating filtered views. I have done some testing with this and attached some screenshots which I hope you will find useful.
I hope this helps you.
Thanks. It's not the perfect solution but it works.
Sure, It takes a 2-3 seconds to load all 2800 items in both lookups, but the customer was happy with this solution.
Maarten Visser Out of interest, I've just implemented the same autocomplete function on a list with some 700+ items (with an old version of Nintex) However, because the SPServices operation is separate from Nintex, there is no need to worry about the item limit imposed by Nintex. It just returns results to our text box control without worrying about any of the limits from Nintex so you shouldn't need to have your script run against the two different views that you seem to have. We do have a CAML query that filters out some unnecessary results for us.
I wonder though, does anyone know how the autocomplete would behave against a list that exceeds the List View Threshold?
I built a solution for a Building Surveying company not long ago and we too came up against the threshold limit issue. O365 solution with Nintex forms. They had a list for their "Site" Information and a list for their "Jobs". The form was linked to the "Jobs" list as this was where they'd log requests. As part of that they needed to 'lookup' the site to obtain post code, grid ref etc in the form and save it to the jobs record. They had 8,785 sites in total by the end, but only 1,670 at the very beginning.
As such I had to make some changes. The steps I took were to:
1. Create multiple views dividing the Sites list by Area (Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, etc)
2. Nintex lookup allows you to lookup a 'view' rather than the whole list so I created 9 different lookups (in the form with Nintex lookup, not a connected field to the Jobs list itself)
3. I created a drop down menu with these 9 different areas and assigned "Hide" rules to the lookups. The lookup field that appeared depended on which area you had selected from the drop down.
Hopefully Nintex lookup capabilities can help you too, once I got my head around how I was going to break up my data into views Nintex allowed me to do the rest.