Solved

Forms 365: Can I save a calculated value to a list?

• 5 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a SP list from which I want to dispense calculated lot numbers, that is, the user clicks New, and a form opens with the new, calculated lot number. When saved, the lot number is committed to the list, along with some details the user has filled out. An example of the lot number format is D11005-01, D standing for the decade of the '20s, D1 meaning 2021, 1005 meaning October 5, and the 01 is a sequential suffix...but the format isn't particularly important; I can build that out.

My problem is that if it's calculated in a Nintex form (I'm using New Responsive), it can be viewed immediately, but apparently can't be saved back as a SP column.  If it's a calculated SP column, it can't be viewed in the New form because it only gets calculated when the item is saved. Am I stating this correctly? Do you have any ideas for getting around this problem?

icon

Best answer by LedLincoln 5 October 2021, 20:18

View original

1 reply

I may have solved my own problem. I have a form variable that assembles the lot number with some date and string calculations. I created a form rule called Set Lot Number: If [Form mode].[Is New Mode] | Is Yes | Then | Lot number | Value | [Form].[varLotNumber]. The Lot number control is bound to the list, and is read-only. Looks like it's going to work. Thanks for listening. 😉