Solved

Form Choice Field Validation Setup

• 20 July 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Really looking for some agreement from the masses here. I have a form, and was trying to validate that when a choice field is empty/Null, then the control is invalid. So I set the formula to isNullorEmpty({self}). Seems pretty basic, right? But no, this didn't work... So then i tried {self}==""... This didn't work either. Then I tried {self}=="Please select a value...", which is the default text in the choice field when nothing selected. This still didn't work.

So, to test what the value in an empty choice field actually is, I placed a calculation field on the form and made it equal to the value of that choice field. To my disbeleif, it has another value... "**SelectValue**".

I went back to my validation formula, and set it to {self}=="**SelectValue**" and this worked!!!!

Some things about Nintex are just absolutely annoying, and illogical. This is just another one. But I hope that someone else finds this helpful.

icon

Best answer by Warwick 21 July 2016, 03:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +9

This certainly seems strange behavior, it's not something i've come across before.

Was your choice field radio boxes?

Badge +3

It is set up as a drop down choice field. I thought it was strange as well, because I thought I previously built a form and just used double quotes "" to represent no selection. I would be interested to see if other tenents have the same expirience. Would you be able to test what the calculated value of an choice feild with no selection would?

Badge +5

OMG Thank you for this. All of a sudden dropdowncontrol == "Value" stopped working.