jflegras
Nintex Newbie

External Start in Office365

Jump to solution

Hi Community

Is there a way to start a workflow externally in Office365 like Enterprise Workflow ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Re: External Start in Office365

Jump to solution

I think you could look at using Azure Logic Apps. I haven't had time to try these out yet myself though.

Jan

olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello, actually you can use any JSOM / CSOM Code to start an Nintex Workflow in O365.

Hope it helps

br Oliver

jflegras
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Oliver

It's interesting to start with js (I note it for another case) but I'm looking for rather a way to launch workflow through URL, like Nintex WF Ent On prem.

Regards

olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think this is how it works, you could create a custom ASPX (In which the logic was implemented) and create a url with the required params (ListId / ItemID and so on)

BTW: Just to get ensure, Nintex On Prem , can use (and uses) full trusted server side code but this is in O365 not possible, so you can't compare those

As far as I understood the architecture, you only have this two possibility's: (Please correct me if I'm wrong, or misunderstood something).

1. Create an Provider Hosted App (Azure) (as mentioned by Jan Eyres )

2. Create an SharePoint custom Page

In both cases you need to implement some logic, to call an workflow based on JSOM / CSOM.

Best Regards

Oliver

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Jean-François Legras​, does this answer your question? If so, can you click the "correct answer?" It's helpful to people searching for answers to similar questions.. If you're still working, keep us posted. Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos