Not applicable

Error publishing workflow. The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm getting this error "Error publishing workflow. The given key was not present in the dictionary." while saving the Nintex workflow.

I couldn't save/publish the simple workflow.

Thanks,

Sandhya

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Error publishing workflow. The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Jump to solution

Is there anybody who can address this issue.

This occurs only on a particular subsite

Any guess ?

Kindly share....

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Sandhya M​, There is possibly some help in this document: Workflow performance improvement and load reduction

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Frank,

I have copied the site (which has the nintex O365 workflow-working fine) from one location to other location.

this leads in not saving even a simple action in nintex workflow O365 in the destination site.

Kindly help me on this

Thanks,

Sandhya M

0 Kudos
eharris04
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The issue may be in the fact that the site was published with an error. Can you try creating a new site and publishing a workflow from there? If that doesn't work then there is an issue with your tenant and not Nintex because it would be a content issue for publishing the workflows.  I suspect there was something in the copied site causing the issue.

bjorgensen
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Since I wasn't able find a solution to resolve this error message and ended up figuring it out on my own, I thought I'd share my results here.

I received the same error message in my on-prem instance of Nintex Workflow. In my case, it happened after I tried to import and save a workflow that had been exported from a different version of Nintex Workflow.

My initial thought was that one or more specific workflow actions was causing the problem. It turned out I was right.

To troubleshoot, I deleted one set of actions at a time--the workflow was broken out into about half a dozen action sets, which made deleting a chunk at a time easy--and tried to save until it I could do so successfully.

I then imported the entire workflow again, tried deleting just the one action set that was problematic, and it still wouldn't save.

It turned out the issue was with two action sets containing a total of three custom actions that somehow got corrupted when migrating between Nintex versions.

I simply deleted and recreated these actions and was able to save the workflow without errors.

Note that the actions didn't seem to have anything with an actual dictionary. The issue stemmed from the workflow not being able to identify the Title of each action.

View solution in original post