Error accessing form designer in Nintex forms for office 365!!

• 14 September 2017
  • 7 replies

I get error accessing form designer in nintex forms for office 365. Error message is ", hexadecimal value 0x1C, is an invalid character. Line 130, position 10.
I am no longer able to access my form to make any modifications. Is there any workaround for the issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please show us the code on that line.

Open it with Chrome , browse the form to provoke the error, press F12, search the code on the debug window.

Badge +7

Not sure how far down the development path you are on, but if the forms designer will not open for you, I would make a copy of my list/library and start over. One thing with SharePoint, you need to pick your battles and it might be faster to start over VS troubleshoot this issue.

If this is happening with an Out of the box Nintex form, I would open a ticket with them because something screwy could have happened when you installed the APP or try to delete the app and reinstall it on your site.

Thanks Fernando and Ben for the response.

I wondered if there was an easier workaround, but I guess starting over may be fast resolution in this case.

I will just start over. 

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi! If your question is answered, please mark the most correct answer as correct

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi, I facing the same problem also. But, starting over is not an option for me because the

1. the system is on live,

2. the system is use more that few months to build, its insane to start over.

below is where the error occur.

Response message:-

{"correlationId":"c141961e-ecd4-460a-a679-1b8cfaa4c771","dateTime":"2017-10-06 02:27:14","message":"'u001c', hexadecimal value 0x1C, is an invalid character. Line 123, position 631549.","stackTrace":"Exception FullStackTrace:u000du000a----------------------------------u000du000aType: System.Xml.XmlException, Message: 'u001c', hexadecimal value 0x1C, is an invalid character. Line 123, position 631549., StackTrace:    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)u000du000a   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)u000du000a   at Nintex.Forms.FormsHelper.IsTagExistInXml(String xml, String tagName)u000du000a   at Nintex.Forms.FormsHelper.XmlToObject(String formMarkup)u000du000a   at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.NfWcfServices.GetFormObj(String formXml)u000du000a----------------------------------u000du000a","tenantId":"730b7598-4a10-4bbd-a945-4270b2a8e533"}

Please help if you have any better solution.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In that case I suggest contacting Nintex Support, as there are no possibilities to fix it from the UI perspective. 

Possibly they are able to fix it for you from the backend.

Regards,

Tomasz

Below is reply from Nintex Support:
---------------------------------------------
If the form cannot be opened in the editor it is possible the form may be corrupt and there is not a lot we can do about it.
If the form is still working in the list we can recover the working form.
It is possible that the form has been edited and saved in the designer but a file has become corrupted.
To get back to the previous form follow these steps.
 1. Open SharePoint designer (https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=35491) and go to the site > All Files > Lists > ListName > Item.  In this folder you will see 2 XML files.
   Export a copy of NFForm.xml. This is the current form that loads when you select new item. We will use the export of the file to import back into the designer in a later step.

2. The file that is loaded when you edit and save in the designer is found using a web browser at https://<tenanturl>/site/NintexFormXml  You will need to find the file that contains the matching List GUID. Delete this file.

3. Navigate back to your list and open the Nintex Forms designer.  Select Responsive or Classic form based on your export from step #1.  Click import from the ribbon and import the file that was exported in step #1.
Publishing this form will put the form back on the list and also allow for further editing.
---------------------------------------------------------------
It work for my case. Good luck!